Had some fun with a co-workers baby shower. Her nursery theme was yellow ducks and navy blue. You see cute little duckies everywhere…no problem, right? Basic vanilla cake with blue frosting and little ducks on top. Blue punch with some rubber ducks floating on top. Done! It’s a good thing I started planning early, because I couldn’t find a single thing that seemed right. I finally found some duck-shaped ice cube trays, colored some white chocolate and used them as a candy mold.
Lisa’s Basic White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 Box Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 T vanilla bean paste
- 16 ounces melted and cooled white chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
LeCake House Buttercream
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 1/2 pound of cream cheese
- 2 pounds of powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons good quality vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth, add powdered sugar in batches and beat until smooth after each addition. Add vanilla and a little heavy cream. Beat on highest speed until smooth, adding more cream until you achieve desired consistency.
White Chocolate Ducks
Melt 1 pound Wilton Candy Melts (white). Add oil-based yellow color. Spray candy mold lightly with pam before filling. Cool completely. Pipe dark blue dot for the eye.
I’m not a punch person, but this was delicious! It was a bit strong, so serving it over ice made it just right.
- 1 package unsweetened blue drink mix
- 2 liter diet lemon lime soda
- 64 ounces white cranberry juice